The congregation of Vorchdorf has 500 members and is a subsidiary to the Evangelical Parish of Stadl-Paura.
The Parish community comprises a few locals and a great number of former refugees and their descendants, originally coming from the North-Transylvanian village of Tschippendorf. The Savior´s Church was built between 1958 and 1959 at the junction of Siebenbürger and Steininger streets. It was festively consecrated on November 15, 1959. In 1961, the tower that stands 11 meters tall, received a ring of three bells. Electrical heating of the pews was installed in 1969. The early 1990s saw extensive augmentation and extension. The new annex to the Church was inaugurated on September 15, 1991. The new structure also houses a community hall, two gathering rooms, a tiny kitchen and sanitary facilities.