Schloß Traunsee - Württemberg
Originally, "Villa Maria Theresia" - today: Traunsee castle or Schloss Württemberg. In the French Renaissance style, built Phillip Duke of Württemberg 1873-1875 This castle, which was originally named after his wife, "Villa Maria Theresa." Archduchess Maria Theresa was a granddaughter of Archduke Karl, the victor of Aspern (1809). 1927 handover of the castle to the sons of Philip and misuse during the war (refugee camp) hospital. 1946 lease of the property to the Federal Ministry for Education and the establishment of a boarding school. 1969, after severance of the ducal family move from the castle and park in the possession of the Republic of Austria and expansion of the school BRG Castle Traunsee. The castle was extensively renovated recently and is gradually establishing itself as a romantic wedding. Requests for appointments please Mr. Mittendorfer. Also visits (from inside) are possible only after registration.