Parish church Altmünster
Located on the western shore of lake Traun Altmünster invited to visit the place really worth seeing Saint Benedict Parish.
The largely Romanesque tower, a relic of the pre-Gothic church, probably from the mid-12th Jahrhd. The middle part of the three-nave church with magnificent palms and network vault. Above the church door is the year 1473 to recognize. In the presbytery, which was built by Count Adam Herberstorff in 1625-1629 in Renaissance style, is a Roman tombstone in the wall to see. Count Herberstorff's remains found in a tomb were buried. The magnificent Baroque altar with a painting by Joachim Sandrat, the death of St. Representing Benedict (1636) with Baroque statues of saints (St. Florian, St.. George, 2 angels who watch over the Tabernacle) from the workshop of M. Zürn. The same master also created the Archangel Michael, located in the choir railing. In the chancel on the left with a Romanesque Baptistery, baptismal font and a Gothic relief in 1500 depicting the coronation of Mary. The presbytery right on the path to the sacristy, embedded in the wall next to the sacristy, a Roman tomb at 200 n Chr At the main entrance to the Chapel of All Saints All Saints altar, a work of German. Renaissance (16. century). There is also the epitaph of Count Adam Herberstorff, and a Gothic relief in 1500, representing the birth of Christ. Style: Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque