The farm with the name "Sternberg" is associated with the great painter and graphic artist Franz von Zülow, who lived in the house around 1940 and designed rooms with painted doors, walls and ceilings. The murals depict landscapes from the area around Viechtwang, but also from the Sternberg itself. Two dates from 1941 and August 1942 have been preserved. The rooms are now under monument protection.
There are also ceramic figures by Schleiss and utility ceramics designed by Franz von Zülow. The cultural association Sternberg has set itself the goal of designing and operating a small museum on the Sternberg in Viechtwang around the existing fresco by Franz von Zülow.
The Zülow parlors can be visited by prior appointment with Mag. Susanne Faschinger.
The Zülow rooms can be visited by appointment with Mag. Susanne Faschinger.
Please get in touch for more information.